The 9 Secrets
1. Have a destination but keep the specifics to yourself. Do you even have a goal?
2. The world is full of pricks who can only criticize. Are you one of them?
3. Use a program designed for your goals. Is your program leading you to your destination?
4. The things you hate to do are the things you need to do the most. Are you doing them?
5. If you're not making progress, it may be your attitude that needs adjusting. Are you willing to change?
6. Your time and energy are limited. Are you wasting them by talking shit on the forums?
7. Become a fanatical believer in your cause. Do you really believe you'll succeed?
8. If you're afraid of breaking any of your precious eggs, don't expect too many omelets in your life. What are you willing to sacrifice in order to achieve your goals?
9. There are people who are better than you, and who know more stuff than you. Are you listening to them?
— Dave Tate, 9 Great Secrets of Training Success, Part I and Part II